In 1885 on his return from military service and holder of the certificate of chief gunsmith, Auguste MAGOT set up the business. From a small forge in Aiglemont, he began making hooks and rings for horse harnesses. In 1913, Marcel MAGOT builds more spacious premises on the site of the existing workshop and continues the business introducing machine production. (above photo). Until 1940, the workshop manufactures various towing bars. In the 1950s with the development of agricultural machinery, the harnesses disappear. Jean MAGOT, the founder’s grandson moves in the direction of subcontracting in the forge, mechanised welding and pressing for public works and the SNCF (French railways). In 1978 the company specialises in the manufacture of threaded products. For almost thirty five years, it has gained knowledge in this field. Still leading the company and with a vision for the future, the MAGOT family continue to perpetuate the over a century old tradition of working with steel.